Globus Travel Terms & Conditions
|PLEASE READ CAREFULLY|
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Group Voyagers, Inc., authorized to do business as Globus (hereinafter “Globus”), constitutes a contractual arrangement between the Traveler (“you”) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Globus Terms & Conditions. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. As the lead traveler, you accept, and confirm you have authority and consent to accept, these Globus Terms & Conditions for yourself and all members of your traveling party.2. Terms & Conditions are accurate at time of printing and are subject to change prior to booking. You are advised to check on the websites or request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Travel Agent or Globus prior to booking your vacation.HOW TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
3. To make your reservation, see your Travel Agent, or for more information, visit our website at Globusjourneys.com or call Globus reservations at 1.866.431.3000.VACATION AGREEMENT
4. Payment on any vacation indicates you and all members of your travelling party have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until your payment is processed by Globus and you receive a confirmation invoice.
EXCEPTIONS TO VACATION DEPOSIT
VACATION FINAL PAYMENT
EXCEPTIONS TO VACATION FINAL PAYMENT
FORM OF PAYMENT
SUBJECT TO CHANGE ITINERARIES
BOOKING CANCELLATIONS & CANCELLATION FEES
13. For individual reservations, the following per-person cancellation fees apply for cancellations within final payment date. Total price does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy.)
14. Travel Protection payments are always non-refundable once purchased and will be added to the cancellation fees.
STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES
EXCEPTIONS TO THE STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES
17. For Globus and Cosmos vacations that include Oberammergau in 2020, the following cancellation fees apply:
18. For vacations that include Botswana, and for vacations that include a cruise on the Stella Australis, Santa Cruz II, Seaman Journey, and Galápagos Legend, the following cancellation fees apply:
19. For vacations that include Norwegian Cruise Line:
20. For vacations that include a Holland America or Celestyal Crystal cruise:
21. For vacations that include the Rocky Mountaineer or VIA Rail train:
22. For all other Globus vacations to South America, Asia, South Pacific, and Africa, the following cancellation fees apply:
23. For vacations on Escapes by Globus:
24. *Total price includes Flex-Air. Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
25. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply (see “Revision Fees” below). In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
YOUNG TRAVELER RESTRICTIONS & DISCOUNTS
27. On vacations that include an Alaskan or Hawaiian cruise, or on any vacation with an overnight stay in Las Vegas, at least one member of the traveling party must be 21 years of age or older.
28. On vacations that include Victoria Falls Safari Club, young travelers must be 10 years of age or older.
29. On vacations that include Botswana or Sanctuary Swala, young travelers must be 12 years of age or older.
30. On the New Year’s Down Under (PY/E) tour, travelers must be 18 years of age or older.
31. Children under 8 years of age are not allowed on any Globus vacation, except if purchasing the tour as Private. For any special requirements regarding airline tickets for children, contact your airline directly.
32. The following young traveler discounts apply to Globus vacations. Special discounts may be available for tours booked as Private and will be communicated at time of booking. The below discounts apply when sharing accommodations with two adults. To receive the young traveler’s discount, the age of the traveler must qualify at commencement of services.
• On Globus escorted vacations, young travelers ages 8-17 receive a 10% discount on the base land vacation price, except those with a Galápagos cruise on the Galápagos Legend, Seaman Journey, or Santa Cruz II, for which there is no discount.
34. For travel to Cuba: Participants are limited to one checked bag and one carry-on per person (purses and laptop cases are excluded), total weight not to exceed 44 lbs, which is included in your program cost. Excess weight (above 44 lbs) is charged at $2 per pound and is payable in cash at the airport. Any additional checked bags are $20 per bag plus any excess weight.
36. Airfare may be purchased through Globus for travel originating from the United States. All carriers are independent operators and are not owned, managed, or operated by Globus. Your airline ticket is a contract between you and the air carrier only, even if you purchase through Globus. By purchasing your air services through Globus, you waive all liability for Globus for such air services.
37. Globus is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through Globus, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, provided you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline-imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at time of request.
38. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by Globus for portions of trips missed due to canceled, rescheduled, or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is Globus responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
39. For air purchased through Globus, if any air schedule requires an overnight stay in a gateway city, Globus can assist you with hotel reservations; however, the cost of the overnight stay (including, but not limited to, hotel and meals) is your expense. Air routings are subject to availability. Routings are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time.
40. If you make your own flight arrangements, Globus will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
AIR-INCLUSIVE VACATIONS & FINAL PAYMENT
43. Flex-Air: A $300 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person air deposit is required at time of booking a Flex-Air air-inclusive vacation package. Applicable land deposit, as above, is also required at time of booking. Once ticketed, cancel/change penalties of at least $300 per person up to 100% of the air price will apply.
44. Instant Purchase Air: Full air payment plus a non-refundable service fee ($30 per person North and Central America, $50 per person Europe/Middle East, and $80 per person for all other international destinations) is required, and will be included in the quote, at time of booking for Instant Purchase Air booked in conjunction with a Globus vacation. Applicable land deposit, as above, is also required at time of booking. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-changeable and non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase.
45. Air-inclusive packages (Flex or Instant Purchase) are only available from the United States.
46. Intra-vacation air: Intra-vacation air may be Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air and will be advised at time of booking. For Flex intra-vacation air, an additional $250 per-person, non-refundable, non-transferable air deposit is required. For Instant Purchase intra-vacation air, full air payment plus a non-refundable service fee ($30 per person North and Central America, $50 per person Europe/Middle East, and $80 per person for all other international destinations) is required, and will be included with the quote, at time of booking for Instant Purchase intra-vacation air booked in conjunction with a Globus vacation. Applicable cruise and Flex-Air deposits or Instant Purchase Air full payments, as above, are also required at time of booking. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
47. Air-inclusive vacations include all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges. These taxes and fees include:
AUTHORITY TO REMOVE OR REFUSE PASSENGERS
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE & LIABILITY
50. Your single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 30″x21″x11″ and weight not exceeding 50 lbs (22 kg). We regret that we are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits on any Globus vacation. Some vacations have more restrictive regulations than those listed above. Refer to your Travel Documents for more information.
51. Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination. While making an air-inclusive booking, you will be provided with baggage fee information. After booking an air-inclusive booking, up-to-date information on carrier-specific standard checked baggage allowance (including size and weight limitations), the standard allowance (and fee, if applicable) for carry-on baggage, and the standard fee for the first and second checked bag, along with the information about additional discounts that may apply depending on flyer-specific factors (e.g., frequent flyer status, military, credit card used for purchase, or early purchase over the Internet, etc.), can be found on the carrier’s website or by accessing iflybags.com. Globus is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage, and these fees are not included in the air-inclusive vacation price. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
52. No responsibility is accepted by Globus for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveler’s belongings throughout the duration of the vacation. Travelers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewelry and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveler. Baggage insurance is recommended. See the Globus website or back of this brochure for an all-inclusive Travel Protection plan.
53. Carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 12″x11″x 6″. For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
55. We will use your personal data secured during your booking or during online check-in to process your booking with our suppliers. These details include your full name, address, date of birth, passport number / government issued ID information, and expiration date, occupation, credit/debit card information and any disability, medical conditions, or dietary restrictions disclosed to Globus for you and all in your traveling party.
56. It may be necessary to transfer these details to other countries or authorities whose data protection and privacy laws are less stringent than those of the United States of America. This may include requirements to pass details to our suppliers as well as certain governments or government-appointed bodies, or agencies in the interest of security or because we are obliged to by law. By making a booking with Globus, you agree to Globus storing, using, and passing on this data to other third parties for reasons as stated above and hold Globus not liable for the usage and protection of that data.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
FREQUENT FLYER & HOTEL REWARD PROGRAMS
61. Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with hotels used by Globus.
HOLIDAYS & SPECIAL EVENTS
64. Christmas markets generally open in late November and close around the third week of December.
HOTELS, ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
66. Globus contracts twin-bedded rooms. Double-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. The additional bed, if available, is often a roll-away bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. If available, additional charges may apply for a roll-away and are payable by you directly to the hotel. Some hotels do not offer triple rooms. When a triple room is not available, hotels may provide one twin-bedded room and one single room.
67. Single supplements ensure your own room, not necessarily a twin- or double-bedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and may be less conveniently located. On overnight ferries, single cabins may not be available or are limited and singles may be asked to share.
68. Accommodations outside the United States of America may not accommodate wheelchairs or be wheelchair accessible. The Americans with Disabilities Act is not applicable outside the United States of America. See the TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES clause that follows.
69. Room and bed preferences are not guaranteed.
70. Check-in times vary worldwide; Globus cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
71. Air-conditioning in hotels is not guaranteed and dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or in the off-seasons (October–May). Other restrictions may apply. Globus has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
72. In the rare event included train or air services are unavailable, alternate services will be provided. Itinerary timings are approximate and are subject to change.
MEDICAL & HEALTH
75. Globus reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behavior-related assessment is at the sole discretion of Globus. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to rejoin Globus with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
77. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while traveling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. Globus is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damages, claims, or death resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach is equipped with them.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE LAND/CRUISE VACATION PRICE
80. Any advice or assistance on or with any Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by Globus, or that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of Globus. Vacation participants are asked to check with the operator of any optional excursion and the applicable Terms & Conditions before booking.
81. For operational reasons, not all optional excursions listed in the cruise itinerary, in print, online, or in travel documents may be available during your vacation. Your Tour Director will advise of availability while on the tour.
82. Optional excursions purchased online are subject to the Optional Excursions Term & Conditions, which can be found on the optional excursion booking site.
PHOTOGRAPHS & PICTURES
85. Prices are subject to change without notice, subject to the guarantees set forth below.
86. Once Globus has received your full land deposit for any cruise vacation, that land price is guaranteed and you are protected against any base land price increase due to currency surcharge. Any subsequent land or cruise cost increases are at Globus’ expense, not including energy cost increases and/or any government tax increases.
87. Pricing for air-inclusive vacations, including those with intra-vacation air, are guaranteed when Globus has received your full land plus air deposits and/or full air payment, as noted above. Globus reserves the right to ticket Flex-Air bookings, and vacations with intra-vacation air, upon receipt of full land and air deposits; thus, any subsequent revisions made at your request are subject to airline-imposed change fees, cancellation fees, and/or changes in airfare price, which are your responsibility to pay. Instant Purchase Air is ticketed upon receipt of full air payment; thus, full cancellation fees, as noted above, apply.
88. See above for vacations with itineraries noted “subject to change”.
REVISIONS & REVISION FEES
91. Intra-vacation air and hotel penalties may also apply to alterations or revisions to a booking, and may be up to 100% of the full price.
92. A change of traveler name, vacation date, or itinerary within final payment will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; vacation and airfare cancellation fees, as above, apply.
94. No weapons of any type are permitted on Globus vacations at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles, and other weapons of any type.
SERVICE INQUIRIES AFTER THE VACATION
96. After returning from your vacation, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Globus, Traveler Services, Group Voyagers, Inc., (see address under “Responsibility”). Any complaint or claim involving the vacation services offered in the Globus brochure or on the Globus website, involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the vacation participant, must be notified to Globus while on vacation or within 30 days of the vacation completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law.
SMOKING & ILLEGAL DRUGS
98. Many hotels, restaurants, and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
99. Hotels may impose a 100% non-smoking policy. If you require a smoking room, a request may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee availability.
100. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the Globus vacation. You are responsible for knowing and observing the licensing laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN
105. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a child will be traveling with adults other than the parents or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarized letter be written by the parents or non-traveling parent granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES
107. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, Globus reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your vacation if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the vacation, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or Globus staff, are incompatible with other travelers, or if you are not traveling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. Globus will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the vacation. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
108. Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. Globus will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. The Americans with Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States, and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Although some of our ships have elevators, many small ships do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should inquire before making reservations.
109. Motorized scooters and motorized wheelchairs are not suitable for international travel and are not permitted on Globus tours. Other than on domestic (USA) vacations, arrangements cannot be made to carry or use these on tour or cruise, and if you bring one, you will be asked to make alternate arrangements for transporting the scooter to your end destination at your expense. With prior permission and waivers, we will attempt to accommodate motorized scooters on domestic (USA) vacations, depending on the suitability of the itinerary.
110. Dietary requests and preferences must be provided to Globus at the time of booking. Generally, special dietary or meal requests cannot be processed and are subject to availability at the hotel or venue. There is no guarantee of availability, however, and there may be an additional charge associated with such request, which is payable by you at time of service.
TSA AIRLINE INFORMATION
VISAS & PASSPORTS
114. You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when traveling. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
118. Air carriers, accommodations, and other suppliers (including, but not limited to, trains, cruises, ferries, motorcoaches, hotels, and restaurants) providing services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, servants, or joint venturers of the Company or its affiliates. From time-to-time, and for the purpose of identifying those independent third-party suppliers of services as the provider of a component or part of a Globus cruise, package or tour, some or all of those entities may utilize the name “Globus” on promotional media, signage, or attire. Although you may see the name “Globus” on vehicles, signs, apparel, or elsewhere during your cruise, tour, or excursion, its use by third-party suppliers is solely for the purpose of identification and does not represent or signify in any way ownership, management, supervision, or control by the Company of services that are provided by independent third party suppliers or of the employees, servants, or agents of the third-party suppliers. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by the Company are subject to the Terms & Conditions specified by the supplier, which are available upon request, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied.
119. The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties, where applicable. These international agreements limit and, in some events, exclude the carrier’s liability to passengers (vacation participants). Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail or road carrier, or any stay in a hotel, the Company’s maximum liability is the maximum that would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention, treaty, or regulation applicable to the travel arrangements or hotel stay (e.g., the Warsaw Convention, the Montréal Convention for international travel by air, the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an operating license granted by an EU country, the Athens Convention for international travel by sea) in that situation.
120. After departure, if the Services included in the vacation cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, depending on the circumstance, the Company will take reasonable action to arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expense will be the responsibility of vacation participants, and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to vacation participants.
121. The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a vacation participant; to expel any participant from the vacation; to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the participants; and to cancel a vacation at any time.
122. The vacation participant agrees that neither the Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss), or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing services, any insurer or insurance administrator under the Travel Protection plan, or any other person.
123. Any dispute between the vacation participant and the Company, directly or indirectly relating to the Terms & Conditions and/or the vacation undertaken, shall be first submitted to mediation in Denver, Colorado, before a mediator mutually agreed to by the parties. If mediation is not successful, then the dispute shall be resolved by binding arbitration under Colorado law before the Judicial Arbiter Group or its successor located at 1601 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado 80202.
124. Arbitration against the Company or the vacation participant shall be invoked in writing under the laws of the State of Colorado within a period of 12 months following the date of completion of the vacation and not later. Neither of the parties nor any affiliate of the Company shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and they hereby waive any right to claim punitive damages. The Governing and substantive law for the Arbitration proceedings would be laws of the State of Colorado, USA. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
125. Any action to enforce the arbitrator’s decision shall be brought only and exclusively in the state or federal courts in the State of Colorado, USA.
126. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary, add, or waive any term or condition on its website or in its brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.